Looking to try something new this Summer? Check out our polo lessons for kids and adults! Our experienced instructors will teach you the basics of riding and hitting through one-on-one coaching and group drills. You will be playing polo in no time!
WE ARE NOW TAKING SIGN-UPS FOR SESSIONS BEGINNING IN MAY. CLICK HERE!
Are you serious about learning the sport of polo, or do you just want to come check it out to see what all the hype is about? Schedule a private or semi-private lesson with one of our polo instructors! Great to try with a friend, no riding or polo experience necessary! Lessons include the use of one of our seasoned and safe lesson ponies and an hour of private instruction in riding for polo, swing mechanics and the rules of the game.
$100 – Includes horse and equipment
$70 – with your own horse
Clinics for Kids
Our group clinics for kids are available by reservations on Saturday mornings. Kids ages 9 to 18 are welcome. Be sure to check out South Bay Polo’s Interscholastic Polo Program.
Space is limited, so email now now to reserve your spot! info@SouthBayPolo.com
Notes for Lessons:
What you will need-
- Helmet – (Helmets are REQUIRED for all mounted activities. If you do not own a polo helmet, you can use a regular riding helmet. If you do not own a riding helmet, we will allow you to use a bike helmet for the first lesson, but recommend you arrange for a certified riding/polo helmet for your next lesson.
- Jeans or breeches
- Polo Boots (or boots with a heel and chaps/half chaps.)
- Knee Guards – Knee guards are not required for lessons or clinics. However, we highly recommend wearing them.
- Mallets – We can provide mallets if you do not have your own
- Gloves/Whip – Optional, but highly recommended
If you need to purchase equipment, we can provide them to you at the most competitive prices available. Just ask.
It is required that all players have submitted a signed Release and Indemnification Agreement prior to mounting up.
You can download the agreement by clicking this link: SOUTH BAY POLO RELEASE
PLEASE PRINT IT OUT, READ AND FILL OUT THE TOP OF FIRST PAGE – INITIAL AND FILL OUT AREAS IDENTIFIED WITH PURPLE ARROWS.
Completing this form prior to arrival to South Bay Polo will speed up the process and your consideration is appreciated.